Wednesday, July 7, 2010

July 5th - Pender Harbour



Blurry (Hands were shakin') Photo of Bear on the Road




Nice Young Buck on the Beach






Why doesn't he fall over?

The day dawns with a nice sunny sky and we have a nice visit with my inlaws and meet fellow club members "Thirsty Traveller" -- a day of gunkholing, cooking, cleaning and the ever present laundry. While I am physically on holidays, my inner clock cannot help rousing me from my bed at 6:00 am, so with camera in one hand and cup of coffee in the other, the dog and I set off to see who's up this early in the morning. A large bush crashing and thrashing greet Kobi and myself at the end of the driveway (road) and with my coffee on the ground, hand on the dog collar, we watch a rather large black bear ambling out of the bush -- you guessed it, to cross the road! We stood perfectly still and my Kobi must have sensed the trouble he would have been chasing the fat ass of that bear down the road as he stood still as a tree wrapped around my legs.....good thing I didnt have to run away, I would have fallen flat on my face over the dog. By the time i remember that I have a camera with me, I get a few shots off of him running down the road! that's enough excitement before breakfast for me! The evening brings us our new best friends from Williams Lake, Bob & Pat from "On the Edge" whom we met in 2009 at Namu and spent the month travelling with. We have stayed (loosely)in touch through out the year and will be spending the next few weeks together.

Over the course of the last few months, I have also started up another blog that has melded my love of photography and now the game of bird and critter spotting together. This blog has only photographs of these critters, so when you wish to view some nice bird and animal shots, go on over to http://critterseyehaveseen.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment