Wednesday, July 7, 2010

July 4, 2010 - We're off again


Leaving Vancouver Harbour - A Grey Day



It's a new summer and a new adventure is in the offing. Lots has happened since I last posted. I have a "real" job and Mike is continuing to work on boats. We appear to have settled into a nice routine and plans have been in the offing for another great summer odyssey.

Due to my going back to work, we have opted to take the month of July this year to travel up coast. Thank you to my new employers "BC Nature" for allowing me this time to pursue my continuation of our dream.

Day 1 - An extemely cold holiday weekend has kept us locked up tight to the dock at our homeport (also a wedding on the Saturday!) --- its hard to beleive that its summer again when our furnace is roaring away and I have both a long sleeve sweater and a fleece on my person to keep the biting wind and cold at bay! The boat is fully stocked, cleaned and good to go for our trip, the cat seems to have managed to keep his bad ole self on the boat and the dog is dreading more wavy seas!

After a nice 3 nights with our friends and a nice wedding ceremony, we are ready to go, bad weather or not, we are leaving early on July 4th! Much to Mike's chagrin, I haul his sorry ass out of bed at an ungodly hour of 5:30 am. we make it to Pender Harbour in about 5 1/2 hours with overcast skies and about a 1' chop. We have some drinks with "Kisaki" and find that the hot tub is beckoning us for a dip and an early night to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment