Thursday, July 9, 2020

Friday July 3, 2020

Summer 2019 "Papakea" with us at Sandy Island, Comox

With nothing being normal this year (so far) we have finally picked a date to head out.  The boat is 2” down in the waterline with all the supplies I have packed on.  My little deck patio with lettuce, herbs, and a bucket of strawberries is planted. The heavy items like pet food, kitty litter, and beer is not something we want to fuss with while out and about on the coast and is now all loaded on the boat.  For starters, we won’t know at this point who is open and who is excepting shoppers due to the “no visiting” rules in some smaller coastal towns.  I see the squabbling on line with the different points of view on where to travel and where not to travel.  We will be respectful and stay out of those that we know don’t want visitors and we will continue to support those that do want us to spend money in their towns. 
It's been a long six months during the covid period.  Vacations cancelled, working from home and being isolated from my grandkids, family, and friends.  Although we are quite adaptable, its been difficult not hugging people, socializing, and playing with my grandkids.  As things slowly come together and our leashes become a little longer and our masks are fitting a bit better, we are emerging to a different type of life.  To date we have not been to a restaurant or bar, only heading to grocery shopping and as of June 1, back and forth to the office.
Our social bubble has expanded to 12 people and we have been fortunate to have a few barbeques outside and resumed our weekly card ritual with a few of the couples.  I never in a million years thought that the safety of my car was something I would behold.  Breathing a sigh of relief everytime I come from a store or come back home from work.  I bet I don`t tailgate anymore, the habit of 6`has spilled over into my driving….probably a good thing.  I sure am not taking my outings for granted anymore.  And those outings consist of liquor store runs and grocery runs!

Here's hoping that you stayed safe and continue to stay safe for the rest of the year.




No comments:

Post a Comment