Saturday, June 8, 2024

 June 7, 2024 - Day 3 - Lagoon Cove to Shawl Bay- 4 1/2 hour cruise

What a glorious day!  Woke up to a flock of Purple Martins noisily chirping away at the top of the dock pilings. You will see from the photo below, its quite dark (outside and the photo itself) but then those that know me, know that I am up with the birds anyways.

Left Lagoon Cove @ 1130 ish, had lunch underway and then Mike went for his daily nap.  I drove most of the way to Shawl Bay, and unfortunately, was not able to take some photos I wanted.  Saw Dahl's Porpoise (three of them) and a monstrous Orca, I assume he is the scout as I did not see any others after that.

Uneventful except when I had to go to the bathroom.....can you pee in 20 seconds? Mikes sleeping and there is wood everywhere in the water and I am manning the helm, unlike the men folk, I was not going to pee in a bottle! :)

Arrived in Shawl Bay in time for happy hour and to catch up with Lorne and the gang with all that is new at Shawl Bay!

A pair of Purple Martin laying
claim to one of the piling nest 
boxes.

Lorne B. - looking pretty good
for an "Old Guy"

Cooling off in the only shade on the dock -
31 c (In front of the recycling shed - but we
are not complaining - it's shady)

One mother of a boat shed with an apartment
and two boat parking.

Junk being towed away to Port Mcneil -
what about that hot tub?

Aunty Jo's place is looking good!

The old moorage office, solar has taken over!



No comments:

Post a Comment