Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Day 11, 12, 13- Campbell River


We are patiently awaiting our new anchor winch which was inadvertantly sent to Vancouver from Victoria instead of being shipped direct to Campbell River. Its due in at lunch today. We have had a great time in Campbell River with a nice dinner with my oldest friend in the world (and I don't mean her age) - Sue and I have been friends since grade 4 and we are able to pick up were we last left off with hardly a blink. The have been good enough to let us use their car while we are here and shopping and pick ups have been made so much better.

The weather has been glorious up here with daytime highs on the water around 17-18 degrees in the sunshine!!! Hope you Vancouver folks have been able to shovel all that snow away!

Moorage at Discovery Inn (according to the office) has a 4 year waiting list. There are 7 liveaboards in this marina and it has great laundry and shopping facilities. A great boating store is just at the head of the ramp and everything is within Walking distance. Temporary moorage is expensive in the off season at 1.00 foot, we have been paying between .45 and .50 cents everywhere else. Lots of out of town boats (big ones - 60' and over) have moorage here (probably due to the cost) Fuel is a bit crazy here with it being 1.25 lt for diesel and .03 cents lt discount for over 500 lt.

2 comments:

  1. Wow $1.25 per lt. I guess I better take a bank loan before Nancy and I leave. Love your blog it is really entertaining.

    Gord

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog, Betty. I will be following closely. I just got back from Turkey a few days ago and it was excellent.

    Take good care of each other and I will look forward to hearing your reports.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete